Fill Out An Online Pre Arrangement Form
The Benefits Of Planning Ahead
Most of us plan for the possible misfortunes of life, yet few of us prepare for the inevitable.
Many individuals and families are making the decision to prearrange and pre-fund their funerals before the need arises.
The advantages of funeral planning make sense.
Planning Your Funeral:
- Provides a peace of mind.
- Relieves your loved ones of unnecessary concern.
- Assures that your wishes are known.
- Eases the financial burden on your family
The Purpose Of A Funeral
A funeral service fills several important needs in today's society.
First, it provides for the respectful care of the deceased, by providing a special tribute to a unique life. Equally important, the funeral service helps survivors face the reality of death -- the first step in overcoming grief. A funeral brings together relatives and close friends who can lend support and comfort when needed most.
A funeral also gives friends and relatives the opportunity to express the love and respect they feel for someone who was very important to them. Just seeing how much others cared can be a tremendous help to a family adjusting to their loss.
Providing For The Funeral
Traditionally, there have been three ways a family has provided for a funeral.
- Level Death Benefit Life Insurance - normally intended to cover ongoing living expenses for the family - usually requires waiting weeks or even months until proceeds are available - with inflation, proceeds may erode over time - may involve disputes over contested claims.
- Savings - often depleted by the costs of illnesses before death - may be tied up in probate - may not be accessible at the time of death - long-term savings may be reduced by taxes and early withdrawal penalties.
- Friends and Relatives places unexpected burden on those you care about most - may put survivors in an uncomfortable and embarrassing situation - can cause friction between loved ones - borrowed money must be repaid.
Funeral Planning At Work
A funeral plan eliminates your concerns by allowing you to plan and fund your funeral before the need arises.
You put your plans in writing, so there will be no doubt about your wishes. Family and friends will never have to wonder if they have done the right thing, if they might have forgotten anything, or if what they selected is what you truly would have wanted.
Choosing The Payment Method For You
There are a variety of ways that you can pay for your funeral plan. You can pay all at once, or over time.
It's All Taken Care Of
When death occurs, one call to the funeral home is all that is needed to begin the funeral process. Funeral directors at the Funeral Home will carry out all the arrangements per your wishes. Monies set aside for your funeral plan will be paid directly to the funeral home.
Paying For Your Funeral In Advance
Funeral planning has been designed to protect you and your family from future price increases. Although the average funeral is priced lower today than many people might assume, a funeral will almost surely cost more in the future. Therefore, if you are truly seeking peace of mind, it is important that the funding method you choose provides adequate growth to offset future price increases.
Areas of Special Concern
No matter what funeral plans you make, it is important to keep good records and to be sure that loved ones know where records are kept.
Drawing Up A Will Is Important
Every adult should have a will, regardless of age or financial situation. A will is a legal document that can prevent many serious problems for those you leave behind.
If you do not already have a will you should have one drawn up as soon as possible. It is in your own and your family's best interests.
Keeping Accurate Records
For your family's sake, write down everything you think the executor of your estate will need to know to carry out your wishes.
Be sure to list all biographical and financial information, including:
- location of your will
- information about insurance policies
- children's names, addresses, and telephone numbers
- bank accounts and securities
- safe deposit boxes
- benefit entitlements
and any other important documents
Make your arrangements before the need arises....for those you love.